Monday, February 18, 2013

2009 TeSoAria Pinot Noir

B and I have gotten to the point where we've gone through our stock pile of 'cheaper' priced wine.  As usual, that makes me as happy as a clam in high tide because we can start uncorking the 'good stuff'. Tonight we had the pleasure of opening TeSoAria's '09 Pinot :-) For those of you who aren't familiar with my ravings of TeSoAria, the winery is located in the Umpqua Valley (Roseburg, OR).  WWW.tesoaria.com Now I'll be honest, B and I are TeSoAria wine club members, but its because we LOVE their wines. Okay, back to the Umpqua Valley... Pinots from this region tend to be bold sometimes spicy and anything but delicate. Here in the Willamette Valley pinots are prized for their subtle fruity flavors.  We are almost spoiled by the abundance of those types of pinots here (I know, life is hard).  When we first tasted pinot from the Umpqua Valley we were intrigued by the glaring differences between the two valleys. 

This pinot was one of the first bottles we purchased from TeSoAria :-)   We cellared* this bottle for a little while and are pleased we gave it just a bit more time.  We paired this Umpqua Valley pinot with BBQ chicken, homemade macaroni and salad. The following are my tasting notes from tonight...

AbV - 12.8%
Price - Not currently available for sale, but they do have their 2011 Pinot Noir available for sale
Color - Nice n light... Almost a light plum red/purple
Swirl - Fast forming (and running) long skinny legs
Smell - Leather, raspberries

Initial Tastes - burst of berry... Blueberry, raspberry
Mid Pallet - creamy raspberry, a whisper of spice
Finish - smokey with hints of vanilla

Overall, this pinot is very tasty and I am thankful we have one more bottle to enjoy. For those of you who might never get your hands on this pinot, I urge you to go out and try a varietal you enjoy, but from a different area/valley/region...  You might just discover something you like ;-)

Cheers and Good Night.

xoxo,

wine-o

* I use the term 'cellared' loosely. I do not have any fancy way to store my wine.  I just have a wooden wine rack and a moderately heated home.

No comments:

Post a Comment