Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Best Valentine's Day A Girl (Like Me) Could Ask For!

I am not your everyday woman.  I don't care for love ballads, romantic comedy movies/TV shows, roses or chocolate.  So of course when B asked me what I would like to do for Valentine's Day this year I said I didn't care.  It seems to me that Valentine's Day always ruins even the easiest of tasks.  Men flood grocery stores in order to purchase last minute cards, flowers and chocolates.  Everyone and their mother goes out to dinner to the point where every place is so packed you even need reservations to the Red Lobster. All the bars are filled with drunken singles trying to 'mingle'.  In my mind its a bad night to go out...everything is packed and it's just not worth it.  B came home one day before V-day to inform me he had purchased some wine from our favorite vineyard TeSoAria and that we were to enjoy at least a bottle for V-day.  He had called up Cody and asked to have a 2011 Old Vine Zinfandel as well as two bottles of Noir de Noir sent to us.  B then stated his intent to drink the Old Vine Zin on V-day and proceeded to asked me what our plans were.  I don't know how it happened, but the following words came flowing out of my mouth like a Spring runoff:  

"Let's go to see A Good Day to Die Hard. It comes out on Valentine's Day and I love me some Bruce Willis!  Plus maybe there won't be a ton of people going to see it..."  

B looked at me for a bit and then followed with, "If that's what my love wants, she gets."  Muahahahaa, not only was I going see a Bruce Willis flick in the theater but I was going to get to enjoy a REALLY nice bottle of Zin. Well, we left all the details to the last minute and decided to make a quick dinner at home before the movie.  I wasn't really paying attention (as I was making dinner) when all of the sudden I thought I heard the pop of a cork.  I sort of brushed it off as either I was hearing something or B was pouring some delicious Zin.  About two minutes later I hear an obnoxious glugging sound and realized B was pouring the bottle of wine into a sort of 'to go' container.  Needless to say, I got to see John McClane travel to Russia to beat some Commie ass and effortlessly deliver one-liners, while drinking some of the best Zinfandel I have ever had.  I did not take notes however, TeSoAria's 2011 Old Vine Zin is very well rounded.  The flavors are amazing and I could easily savor a bottle all by myself :)  I will post actual tasting notes of the '11 Old Vine Zin once B let's me open another one. 

Until next time...

xoxo,
KEGW


No comments:

Post a Comment