Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2011 Paripaso Cabernet Sauvignon

2011 Paripaso Cabernet Sauvignon ... Another gem of a find from John's Market in Multnomah Village, Portland, OR. This Cab Sauv by Paripaso was bottled and cellared by Sweet Berry Wines www.sweetberrywines.com in Paso Robles, CA.  I just want to say really quickly that Paso Robles, CA makes my all time favorite Cabernet Sauvignons.  To this date I have not had a Cab Sauv from Paso Robles, CA that I haven't thought was the BEST Cab Sauv ever ... okay there is my two cents :)

For those of you who don't know, I LOVE LOVE Cab Sauvs. When I started seriously drinking red wine, I was drinking any and every Cab Sauv I could get my hands on.  I mean I drank $3.99 bottles form Trader Joe's, I drank $7.99 bottles from 7-11 and I even would splurge and drink $11.99 bottles from Fred Meyer. The more I drank the more I wanted to explore different regions and better bottles.  All this 'discovery' certainly snow balled my love and interest in all wines.  I attribute my Cab Sauv guzzling days to my current passion for wine. Anyhow, back to this delightful bottle...

I opened and let the bottle sit for about 15 minutes before we poured our glasses.  I will say that the cork smelled like Heaven and I knew the bottle was going to be right up my alley just from smelling the cork.

The 2011 Paripaso Cabernet Sauvignon is a very dark garnet color almost black in some light.  The wine in the glass smells of tobacco, leather and black cherry.  I swear there is a faint hint of vanilla, but B doesn't think so.  The swirl test produces lethargic forming, long, skinny legs with large bauble like droplets. First taste is hard to pin down, its really just a subtle sweet melange of a different berries. All of the sudden the berry flavors peel away to reveal velvety boysenberry mid pallet, and then BOOM a bold leathery currant flavor followed by a subtle dry finish.

I immediately wanted to open a second bottle of this stuff just so that I could continue to enjoy all of the flavors (I didn't drink the whole bottle to myself, I only had two glasses; B helped me finish the bottle). Needless to say I thoroughly enjoyed this bottle. I fully plan on raiding John's Market for as many bottles I can get my digits on :)

Peace, Love & Wine,
KEGW

No comments:

Post a Comment