Thursday, February 7, 2013

2010 Behemoth Red Wine

I tried the 2010 Behemoth Red from Portland Wine Company (bottled in McMinville, OR) the day after B opened it.  This was another bottle from John's Market (in Multnomah Village) and at $12.99 a bottle, seems to be a great deal.  This bottle is 13.9% AbV and is a blend of grapes from both Oregon and Washington...which is why there are so many bold flavors in this 750mL carafe of red wine heaven.

As I said, B opened the 2010 Behemoth a day before I actually tried it.  He said it was a great bottle overall with big and bold flavors, and it did not have to be aerated. He tried some with me (day 2) and said it opened well and would be a great one to keep around the house.  The following are my second day tasting notes:

Super thin, very fast legs
Dark burgundy in color
Smell - cocoa, black cherry, vanilla with a hint of cinnamon 
Initial taste - smooth creamy blackberry 
Mid pallet - juicy berry 
Finish - vanilla and tobacco

I can see how (without letting this sit for 24 hours) this would be a drier finishing wine.  I will say, that day two, this wine is a great red blend. The 2010 Behemoth Red Wine would be a perfect bottle to open for a casual dinner party. I will be buying a couple of more bottles to enjoy.  I am excited to try it on the day it is opened, and will make a quick post about my tasting notes on the day of :)

Until next time...

xoxo,
KEGW

No comments:

Post a Comment